Clunie Music - What's New?

Clunie Music is run by Heather Ponting from her home at Auld of Clunie Farmhouse, Scotland. Visit The Clunie Music Website for more information.

Friday, December 06, 2013

2013

Hi Everyone,

Thought it was high time for an update on what's been happening this year. 

Some of you may know that Jacynth had a health scare earlier in the year which resulted in a hospital visit following a heart angiogram.  She's doing fine now after successful surgery but is still waiting to hear if she will need further surgery so Caim gigs have been on hold this year. Consequently our planned Canadian tour has been postponed till at least the end of 2014.

We have been invited to give a concert during Julian week in Norwich, England in May 2014 and at present Jacynth feels she may be able to do that with me.  I will still go ahead with the help of our keyboard player from church, David, if she can't travel - and David will still be with Caim if she can. Our concert is Friday May 9th 2014 and venue details will be on our gig page soon.

One of the concerts Jacynth was sorry to miss this year was a long planned concert at The Well, Milton Keynes for the 40th anniversary of our friends Liz and Robin.  Ciaran Dorris kindly braved the long drive with me down south for that one and we had a ball!

Ciaran and Kate Kramer also helped me with two other concerts during the year. Both of them played for me at my book launch at the Ignatian Centre, Glasgow in May and more recently Kate and her fiddle travelled with me to Bedworth Folk Festival for a couple of concerts and the hosting of a sing a round.  I enjoyed Bedworth so much that I decided to look for more gigs as an unaccompanied singer - something I used to do on a regular basis a number of years ago. 

Meanwhile Ciaran and I continue to tour and gig throughout Scotland for Music in Hospitals - so life is as busy as ever!

Wishing you all a peaceful and blessed Christmas.
Hope to see you further down the road in 2014!

Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home