Clunie Music - What's New?

Clunie Music is run by Heather Ponting from her home at Auld of Clunie Farmhouse, Scotland. Visit The Clunie Music Website for more information.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Spring 2014

Hi everyone,

As I write green buds are appearing on the trees and we have sunshine! I hope the same is true for you - especially if you've suffered the extreme winter weather in USA recently.

This is just a wee update - mainly about our forthcoming Julian week concert in Norwich and our Celtic Springs concert in Escomb on the journey down. Sadly Jacynth won't be with me for those gigs as she has recently learned her heart by pass surgery is scheduled for mid May. As she has to take life easy and come off her medication before the operation, touring away from home is not an option.

For our Celtic Springs concert at Escomb on May 7th, Ciaran Dorris has kindly agreed to come with me. Ciaran has sung with me at Escomb Saxon Church before and is looking forward to a return visit.

In my last update I mentioned keyboard player David who was originally booked to back either myself or Caim in Norwich.  Due to work and family commitments (the recent addition of baby Thomas) David has had to pull out. The good news is that on May 9th at Norwich I will be joined by Pauline Vallance on clasarch and flute. Pauline is also a very talented singer/songwriter and I thoroughly enjoyed my first rehearsal with her yesterday afternoon.

Pauline will also be joining me for a concert of Scottish songs at North Lanarkshire Heritage Centre September 29th.  Check out Pauline's website at www.paulinevallance.co.uk

Ciaran and I continue to tour throughout Scotland for Music in Hospitals and are venturing into North West England for a couple of days MIH concerts at the end of May. On one of those days we will be singing especially for a good friend of ours from our folk club touring days who is now resident in a nursing home in Lancashire.

Firefrost (Kate Kramer, Ciaran and myself) are booked for Winnock hotel, Drymen, Loch Lomond on Christmas day for the 6th year in succession - but, hey -  I know Christmas seems to come earlier each year but it is only the beginning of spring!

Looking even further into the future - I believe I heard Jacynth mention when I was in Belfast recently, that she hopes Caim will be back in Canada and USA in 2015.

Deep peace
Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home